Monday, May 24, 2010

Linzertorte



Funny how things go sometimes. My oldest daughter, Keri and my two sweet grandchildren, Erik who is two and Eliana who is eight months old, just left Sunday after staying for two weeks. They did not seem to demand much of my time, but I got pretty much nothing done while they were here.


I finally got around to making the Linzertorte for the family in our congregation that is, well, very European. I thought they would enjoy it more than my family due to the crust which is made from nuts and The Wife ‘O My Life does not like nuts in baked goods…not even brownies. When I gave it to them it was the oldest boy’s birthday, but he said he does not enjoy nuts that much either so it was “ok.” The king of the castle said he really liked it. The queen said it was pretty, but lacked the depth and complexity of flavor that she is used to in a Linzertorte. So all in all I feel it was not a great effort, but I ticked one more pie/tart off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment