Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Book Is Here!


The book I am baking these pies from, The Joy of Cooking; All About Pies and Tarts, is a library book and I figured I could just keep renewing it all year, but the library will not let you renew if it has a hold on it. I decided I would just buy the book on line.

I found the Joy of Cooking "All About" series in several places on the web and the prices vary on different editions such as All About Cookies or Chicken or Whatever, they were all in the range of $3 to $8...except All About Pies and Tarts. The new copies were $85 and up to $115. Wow, that is a bit much. The used copies were not much better at $45, 50 or 65.

Perseverance pays off. I have continued to look on line and finally found a copy for under $20 including shipping. It said it had "minimal underlining" and was in "good" shape. Well, I thought it would be OK no matter how much writing was in it or whatever.

It arrived the other day and it is in better shape than the one I got from the library!

No writing or underlining to be found. Funny thing is it came from a used book store in Bothel, Washington through http://www.thriftbooks.com/ and the stamp on the book says it was "withdrawn" from the Omaha, Nebraska Public Library. That is a well traveled book.
By the way, I have purchased several books from thriftbooks.com and I have always been pleased with the service and the goods.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodie! I'm so excited about your project... Bon apetit!

    ReplyDelete